Tuesday, July 1, 2008

June 22nd, 2008 - Day 2

11:30pm
Today was nice. Energizing and relaxing at the same time. First we went to church. I thought, you know, it's Nebraska, it's gonna be a little church. Boy, I couldn't have been more wrong. It was so big it had directories hanging from the ceiling like what you'd find at a mall. We got lost trying to find the sanctuary, then when we found it, we realized that our entire church could fit in just the sanctuary -- and we have a fairly good-sized church (about 600 members). But the church we went to in Lincoln (I think it was Berean or something) had about 2,700, more than 4 times our church's size. We all were taken aback. Garrett exclaimed, "PJ, I thought you said there was nothing in Nebraska!" PJ, mesmerized by the dozens and dozens of hand-painted pictures in one of the hallways, merely said, "Well, it appears I was wrong." It was really cool. The service was amazing.
We learned basically the camp schedule after that. Sounds like a work of work and a lot of fun at the same time. You'll learn our schedule during the following days. It's kind of long and confusing to put on paper right now, and I'm getting up about 6:00 in the morning anyway to get ready. So I have to go to bed now, actually, but I want to write a song. I've got the chorus down.
So I got to swim, then play volleyball for 2 hours until it got dark. I absolutely suck at volleyball (the only thing I'm remotely decent about doing is serving, but I have pianist's wrists, so they're a little more fragile and are incredibly bruised and swollen right now), but it was fun anyway.
Can't waitu ntil tomorrow!
Quote of the day: Clayton can't swim, so he requested that he not be involved in pool games for camp. Garrett says, "Clayton, if you drown in 3 feet of water, you were never meant to be alive."
Btw, Lauren, Porsha, and I are bonding great.

No comments: