Wednesday, July 2, 2008

June 30th, 2008 - Day 10

6:38pm
We actually got to the church about 4:15 instead of 3:00, but right now I am home and it feels so good. I am exhausted and my head is pounding from all the travel (I don't know, maybe I clench my jaw more during travel and my TMJ makes my head really hurt), but I am so glad to be home. My iPod is in my ears right now.
I called Mom about an hour before we arrived and she was like, "RACHEL!! I missed you!" It felt great. I missed her a lot too. She should come on next year's mission trip, wherever it's going. James is going to be of age to go too (I can't believe he'll be a freshman next year...that just ain't right), so it'd be cool if all 3 of us could go. Of course we'd have the problem of boarding Coffee the Wonderdog, but still it'd be worth it.
So I got home and nearly fell asleep right away. But Mom wanted to show me my room. We just moved to Illinois from Indiana and my room had pink and white stripes and frilly white curtains. Now, don't get me wrong, I love the color pink...just not on my walls. So before I left for the trip, I painted 3 of the walls cream and one of the walls deep blue (another one of my favorite colors). Mom said she'd work on finishing everything we'd talked about while I was on my trip. So I walked in and it was amazing. She made my desk and set everything up and my comforter was redone and it looks sooooo great. I still need curtains, but I'll look for those soon.
James (who's very artistic) created some little thing on the Paint program on his computer titled, "Rachel's back from Nebraska!!" Pretty much it had little stick figures of us, with me really weary and eventually passing out from exhaustion. Haha. James is really cool. I can't wait till next year when he can come on the mission trip with me! The little brainiac would be awesome at Bible lessons.
So I'm home now, and it feels good. ;D

Pictures of the mission trip for Nebraska will be posted hopefully shortly on my MySpace (you'd have to add me as a friend to see them). I don't have a digital camera yet, I had those disposable ones, so some of the pictures are junky, but still. Anyhow, I have to scan all the pictures to get them on the computer, and right now the scanner keeps getting jammed and then won't scan at all, so I hope it works.
www.myspace.com/laheelahargest

God bless. :)

No comments: