Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Post Trip - Day 1 - June 19th, 2007

Read and think about Luke 10:17-20.
Jesus sent out 72 of His followers to minister in surrounding towns and cities, and now they've returned, excited about the amazing things they have seen and done. Jesus' response to His returning mission team is good for you to think about today as you're fresh off the mission field. Jesus turns their attention away from what they've done, and reminds them of who they are. What you do changes. Your mission trip is over and you're back at home, but that doesn't change who you are. You are a child of God, set apart for God's purposes, an ambassador for Christ, appointed to bear fruit and share the Good News! Keep on being who you are, even though the trip is finished!

What have you learned about yourself and who God has made you to be during the last couple weeks?
I have most definitely become more outspoken on this trip. I've also learned how much of an impact my opinions have when they are heard. I mostly keep them to myself. I've also learned that I have a true heart of compassion and encouragement.

How can you continue to live like that now that you are home?
I will not be silent when it comes to matters about Jesus. Now that I know I can speak, I will.

Spend some time praying and thanking God that you are His child!

Last night was pretty great after the storm. I know now that I don't prefer to ride in airplanes unless it's night. I got on that plane and it was dark and it was quiet and I could see all the city lights below me. They were so beautiful! Then I pulled out the little table/tray thing in front of me, put my pillow down on it, laid my head down, and thought, "Well this is kind of comfortable. It's nice and quiet and dark and..." Next thing I knew, I was out for the next 2 1/2 hours. I was in such a deep sleep that I had no clue where I was when I woke up. It took me a little bit to figure out I was on an airplane.
So, we got home about 3:00am. Gosh, you don't know how great it felt to be back home. I walked through the door, smelled the Homemade-Apple-Pie-scented candle, and could've died from how good I felt. I pretty much collapsed on my bed and fell asleep.
Today I told my fam all about my trip. Tomorrow I'll pick up all 70 of my pics (yes, i took a lot on that trip!). Now I'm going to bed.

TRIP UPDATE
What was the best part about today? Explaining my trip!
What was the hardest? Dad had to get back to work, so he was kinda grouchy.
What do you miss most about your teammates? I miss just seeing them in the morning, all still sleepy! And just all the great times with them.
What short yet informative answer can you give to the question, "How was your trip?" (it is good to be prepared for this!) "Do you have a few minutes?"

No comments: