Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Pretrip - Day 5 - June 8th, 2007

Read and think about John 6:1-15.
A few fish, a few hunks of bread. A meager lunch for 3 at best. Not even a small snack for 5,000 plus. Who knows what the young boy was thinking, but even though the size of his lunch seemed so lacking for teh need at hand, the boy decided to give everything he had to Jesus anyway. Jesus took it, and blessed it, and passed it around...to every single man, woman and child seated n the hillside, and bring baskets full of leftovers back to the feet of Jesus. Soon there isn't one of the multitude that isn't full, and a disciple that isn't stunned as they gather the leftovers. There was no magic in the tiny lunch, just power in the hands that took it and multiplied something so small into something GREAT.

What's something in your life that you need to offer up to Jesus to be used for His purpose?
I've been told by so many people that I have a lovely singing voice, and it can get hard not to get too big a head from these compliments. I need to catch myself and remind myself that I'm not singing for my glory, I'm singing for God's glory. If there is one thing I'd like to accomplish with my voice, it would be to let God use me for His purposes and to impact or change a life for Him through my songs.

What do you think Jesus can do with it when you allow Him to use it?
Jesus can do amazing things when you surrender it all to Him! I remember one time (I love pulling from past experiences, can you tell?) when I was working at my local library. It was supposed to be some special Christmas family fun night. The program started at 6:30pm, and at 6:25pm, there were only about 2 kids there. We were pretty worried that there wasn't going to be a good turnout. So I decided to pray, "Lord, if it's Your will, we can have 2 kids. Just let me be a good example of You for them. I dedicate this night to You. Please do whatever You would like with it and let me act to glorify You." I kid you not, in the next 10 minutes, we had over 100 people up there. It was great.

Spend some time praying and surrendering yourself to God and His purposes. Remember: they are GREAT!!!

Tomorrow we will be on the plane heading for Jamaica. Believe it or not, today it actually sunk in for me. I guess this past week, while I've been pretty excited, I didn't really believe we were leaving so fast. I mean, it seems like yesterday we had 8 weeks until we left. Today I was sitting on the couch doing school (yeah, being a homeschooler I'm the only kid on the team still doing schoolwork) and I suddenly realized, "Holy cow, I'm going to Jamaica tomorrow!" Now I have butterflies in my stomach. I am so excited...and nervous!

"FEARLESS" - recorded by BUILDING 429
Verse 1: No I don't understand and I can't comprehend
This power that draws me to You
But I know for the cross I'll consider all lost
In an effort to tell of the truth
That the world may know...that the world may know
That You have been heaven-sent to us

Chorus: So I'll be fearless for You
I'll be fearless for You
Take me, I'm Yours
I'm fearless for You

Verse 2: All the times that I've failed, that my doubt has prevailed
These are the moments I'm giving to You
Cuz I can't be ashamed, no I can't fear the pain
When it comes time to be living proof
That the world may see that the captives are free
Cuz You have been heaven-sent to us

Repeat chorus

Bridge: Unwilling to bend
Unwilling to break
And headstrong I'll stand
No matter what it takes

Repeat chorus

No comments: