Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Post Trip - Day 4 - June 22nd, 2007

Read and think about John 14:1-3.
The disciples are getting nervous. Many people are formulating their plans to kill Jesus. Even Jesus has been mentioning that His time with them is running out. Jesus seems to sense their uneasiness and He shares words to calm their racing hearts. "Don't be troubled..." "Trust in Me..." and then He starts talking about room assignments? What is that all about? Just like He reminded the 72 of who they were, now He's reminding His disciples of where they belong: heaven. This world is real, but it's temporary. Heaven can seem so far away, like it's just a mystical place we read about in fairy tale. But the truth is that our time there is going to be much longer than our time here on earth. You may think you've returned "home" from your mission trip, but the truth is that this really isn't your home. Heaven is.

Read Philippians 3:30. Paul mentions a few times in his writings that we are citizens of heaven. Why? What does that mean to you?
Heaven is really our home. It is where we will live forever one day. Just like you have to pay a certain price when you live in another area to become a citizen of the U.S., Jesus paid the price and those who are saved are citizens of heaven.

How would your life look different if you started to realy live like this world is temporary and that heaven is your real home?
I would put off waiting for certain things, like sharing the gospel.

What are some specific things you can do to start making that happen?
LUAAT - Live Unashamed At All Times!

Spend some time praying for the believers in the location you visited on your mission trip. Ask God to strengthen and encourae them and to give them boldness for Him.

I am really starting to miss my mission tripper friends. I guess it was too quick a transition. I lived with them daily for 10 whole days anod now suddenly it's just me and my family. I know I'll see them most every Sunday, but...I still miss them. right now...I really kinda want to go back to Jamaica.

TRIP UPDATES
What was the best part about today? Chatting with friends online.
What was the hardest? Dad's busyness and stress.
What have you learned about yourself in ministry? I can be outspoken.
What was the greatest thing you saw God do on your mission trip? He said yes to nearly every prayer we had!! I guess they were all glorifying to Him.

No comments: